Resources for antiquing renders and photos, from one-click presets to a more DIY approach requiring only a basic knowledge of working with layers in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.
Stand-Alone Image Effects Apps:
Old Photo and Sepia filters from Filter Forge Freepack 2: Photo Effects
- Vintage Photo preset from FotoSketcher
I most often use the FF Freepacks within PS and PSP, but they can be installed independent of an image editor. Both of these applications allow users to alter included presets and save the results.
Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro Plugins:
- Sepia Filter from PhotoFreebies
- BW-Plus and G-Spot from Fotomatic
- Radial Blur preset from Photo-Plugin’s Gradient Blur
- Basic Grain option from Natural Grain 2.0 by Mehdi
Brownie, Classic, Old Newspaper, Paparazzi, and Sepia presetsfrom virtualPhotographer
- The Black Widow – Albumen Prints 1.0
- Black and White
- Gum Bichromate Print
- Lithprint Action
- Actions – Vintage
- Noise and Dust Through the Viewfinder (check for TOU on each image)
- Old Film II and 11 Old and Grungy Film Textures
- Destroyed Screen Texture Pack
- Black Magic Texture Set
- Noise Texture Overlays
- 14 Vintage Film Textures
- Old Film Textures – Color Edition
The Noise and Dust Through the Viewfinder textures work best as a Multiply layer at 100% opacity. The Old Film II overlays usually work best as a Soft Light layer, and the rest of the textures can be used as either a Screen or Soft Light layer — experiment with opacity settings for the desired effect.
- Vintage Frames
Vintage Paper Photo Frames Set 1 Layered Vintage Paper Photo Frame
- List of Storyboards and Frames
- Vintage Frame Set 1
- Vintage Frame Set 2
- Damaged Photo Mattes
You can also right-click and open in a new tab to view.