- Steampunk Kit-Bashing: Skirts and Dresses (updated)
- Steampunk Kit-Bashing: Corsets and Other Tops (updated)
- Steampunk Kit-Bashing: Pants and Other Leg Wear
Resources, Genesis, Etc.
- Steampunk Kit-Bashing: Genesis 1/2 & Dawn/Dusk
- Also checkout Abelundercity’s comment about Wilmap’s free Genesis clothing
Resources, Bits ‘N Bobs
- SP Kit-Bashing Extras – Head Gear
- SP Kit-Bashing Extras – Neck & Arm Gear
- SP Kit-Bashing Extras – Belts, Straps, and Armor
- SP Kit-Bashing Extras – Footwear & Odds-N-Ends
- Non-Victorian steampunk
- Multicultural Kit-Bashing Resources
- Steampunk Color Palettes
- SP Resources – Free Patterns
- SP Resources – Free Fabric Textures
- REC Steampunk Materials
- REC Gentlemen Adventurers Materials
- Using a combination of helper morphs, body morphs, a bit of scaling, and hiding outfit and/or body parts will help in putting all these pieces together. When starting out, texture everything white to make the details easier to see. To check for poke-through with problem parts, temporarily switch to a different color.
- Pinterest is a good source for inspiration. Some of what’s pinned is a bit “out there,” but there are also a lot of good ideas for kit-bashing.
- Got any? Please share!
V4 Preview Outfit
Top from Elverardo, skirt from Malaika, stockings from Dark Rose, boots from Urban Shabby Chic, scarf from Juggling Act, gloves from Steampunk Accessories, hat from Skulduggery, goggles from Steam Pilot, and mask from Shadowcrol.
M4 Preview Outfit
Coat and vest from Wanted Dead or Alive M4; shirt, pants, and belt from The Marquis M4; boots from M401; jabot from Rococo Count M4; mask from Plague Doctor; Men’s Gloves; Walking Cane, Pince Nez Glasses V4/M4; and Steampunk Top Hat.