Pulp Pose Project: WIP 02

Our lovely models:

The poses; still need a little work:

That couple pose is not playing nice. I probably won’t get it to look exactly like the cover model, but a little closer should be possible. With the female pose, the cover didn’t show much of her legs so I just went for suitably dramatic. Same goes for the male pose, though the angle of the legs isn’t quite right yet.

I’ll get the third set in shape, then go back and do some fine-tuning before I start conversions. Whee!!

Advertisements

Pulp Pose Project: WIP 01

The plan is to do three sets, with each set including a couple pose, then a separate female and male pose. This should be doable, providing it doesn’t take too much time to convert the poses to multiple other figures. (I have several pose converters but results still need fine-tuning.)

Here’s what I’m doing for the first set. Starting with M4/V4 and will go to the various Genesis figures and Dawn and Dusk from there.

The inspirations:

 

The WIPS:

Probably will tweak this batch a bit more. And I’ll do mirror poses as well.

Would like some feedback though on scaling. The couple pose would look better if I scaled the female down a little. The scaling would have to be baked into the pose preset. So is this okay or should I assume most folks would prefer to do that kind of adjusting on their own?

WIP: Last minute Halloween party costume

wip-last-minute-costume

Inspired by this image by nitchzombie at Deviantart.

I’m using a free sign by Most Digital Creations, resized and retextured (eight mouths, though one is just a mustache.) I was aiming for posterboard stapled to a cardboard handle. The prop loads roughly to the right hand so it isn’t too hard to pose. I might try and make a few basic poses anyway, but it depends on time. Got busy again…

I’d hoped to get these done this weekend but the hubby just sprang a family fish-fry on me tonight, scheduled for this Sunday, so probably won’t get it done until next week instead. I’m close to finishing them up, though, so it won’t be too long.

Add bunny or cat ears, devil horns, or some ridiculous hat and it would make a pretty good Halloween costume for when your significant other springs an event on you at the last minute. 😕

 

Found Scary Cherry’s dirt mask

Some time back I commented that I’d wanted to upload the dirt masks I used on the textures in case someone wanted to make Cherry more grubby, but that I couldn’t find the images. Finally found them, stuck in a folder where they shouldn’t have been. Of course.

prev_scary-cherry-rendo

Here are the dirt mask layers. Right-click-save and apply to the texture as you see fit (just remember to save the results under a new name!) Used with Halloween Treat #03: Scary Cherry Xtras and Scary Cherry Xtras Add-On.

cherry-face-grit-dirt
^^ Face

cherry-body-grit-dirt
^^ Body & Limbs

Also, if anyone wants her templates let me know and I can upload them here.

Not a productive weekend. All I did was tinker with the textures I’m working on for the G3F Princess Line Dress, trying to fake seams for solid color textures. The lines of the dress are pretty but only obvious when textured with prints. Since I’m big on solid colors or very subdued prints — tends to look less busy for the sort of renders I prefer — I wanted to see if there was a way I could do this:

g3f-pld-seams-wip

Probably a non-issue with renders that aren’t closeups, but I think it looks okay.

Also, for those who do postwork, I keep forgetting to mention some nice overlay textures from the CoffeeShop Blog:

coffeeshope_artisanal-texture-set-05
Artisanal Texture Set #05

coffeeshop_fine-art-charcoal-texture-set
Fine Art “Charcoal” Texture Set

coffeeshop_oil-painterly-texture-set
Oil Painterly Fine Art Texture Set

I tend to use them with the Soft Light layer setting, at various opacity levels, but play around with them to see what you like best.

WIP: Dusk dial morph 02

dusk_dm02-marcello-texture

Still fiddling with this one, but mostly there. Requires the Dusk starter morphs, head/face morphs, and head morphs resource kit, just like the Dawn dial morph WIPs I recently posted.  He’s wearing Tempesta3D’s Marcello texture, with Aram Hair by Joanna/StudioArtVartanian (missing her very much.)

Below is the first attempt test render, which I did while playing with the Alex Hair M4 by Lady Littlefox. Having trouble with this hair prop; getting file errors for the main duf file (hazards of changing file locations!) and OMG it takes forever to render! But I was so excited to see it because I immediately thought: “Ooooh, now I can do Alex Row fan art!” I’m not really into fan art, but still fangirly over Alex Row.

dusk_dm02old-alex-hair-axel-texture

Oddly, my autofit no longer works as it used to after I reinstalled the DS-updated Dawn/Dusk/Luna files. 😕 Usually DS asks what’s being converted — pants, shirt, boots, gloves, skirt etc — and I no longer get that option. Argh!

Anyway, I wasn’t happy with his mouth so I worked on it a little more — and continue to be frustrated that there is no morph dial to lower or raise the nose. (There are a number of face morphs I wish were available, but working with what’s available here.)

Probably the final version, wearing 3D Universe’sAxel texture:

dusk_dm02-axel-texture

Axel’s skin is a bit more painterly, so it’s the next best thing to a no texture render. Then I gave CWRW’s Taka texture a try:

dusk_dm02-taka-texture

There’s some texture stretching under the nose, unfortunately, that makes the stubble look more like a thin mustache.

In the end, I guess he’s kind of the Dusk version of Hugh M4 (which, I realized much later, looks an awful lot like my old college boyfriend):

Hugh_w-Beck

Going to do one more face dial, then get to work transferring the parameter values over to Poser.